Here is how you install Watchtower Library on Mac:
- Either insert the Watchtower Library disc or if you have the Watchtower Library setup files in a folder make sure you can find it.
- Download Wineskin Winery.
- Unzip Wineskin Winery if the downloaded file from the previous step is a ZIP file.
- Open the Wineskin Winery application.
- Click the
+button to install an engine.
- Make sure the latest engine (that doesn’t have the word staging in it) is selected in the dropdown and then click “Download and Install”.
- Click “OK” to download and install the selected engine.
- After the engine has been downloaded and installed, make sure you have an up-to-date wrapper version or if not click the “Update” button.
- Click “OK” to download the updated wrapper.
- Click on “Create New Blank Wrapper”.
- Enter the name that you want the application to be (eg. Watchtower Library). After entering the name click “OK”.
- Wait for your wrapper to be created.
- Click “View wrapper in Finder” once the wrapper creation finishes.
- Try opening the new wrapper application that you created.
NOTE: If it doesn’t open the first time try once more.
- If your Mac is running High Sierra do to following:
- Download and unzip this icns file (icon file).
- Click on “Advanced”.
- In the “Configuration” tab click the “Browse” button under where it says “icon” and select the icon file we downloaded previously.
- Click “Install Software”.
- Click “Choose Setup Executable”.
- In the dialog box find the “WTLSetup.exe” file and then click “Choose”.
- Follow the instructions to install Watchtower Library.
NOTE: Do not change the path of where you are installing Watchtower Library. The default location should be fine.
- Once the setup is finished, looking ath dropdown of the executable files, select the one which ends in “wtlibrary.exe” and then click “OK”.
- Click “Test Run”.
- Test out Watchtower Library.
NOTE: Trying to update Watchtower Library the first time may not work. You may need to close and reopen the application and then go to “Help” > “Check For Updates” to make this work.
- After closing the test run you will be asked if you want to see the logs. Click “Cancel”.
- Close the “Wineskin Advanced” window and reopen your Watchtower Library application wrapper.