Here is how you install Watchtower Library on Mac:

1. Either insert the Watchtower Library disc or if you have the Watchtower Library setup files in a folder make sure you can find it.
  2. Download Wineskin Winery.
  3. Unzip Wineskin Winery if the downloaded file from the previous step is a ZIP file.
  4. Open the Wineskin Winery application.
  5. Click the + button to install an engine.
  6. Make sure the latest engine (that doesn’t have the word staging in it) is selected in the dropdown and then click “Download and Install”.
  7. Click “OK” to download and install the selected engine.
  8. After the engine has been downloaded and installed, make sure you have an up-to-date wrapper version or if not click the “Update” button.
  9. Click “OK” to download the updated wrapper.
  10. Click on “Create New Blank Wrapper”.
  11. Enter the name that you want the application to be (eg. Watchtower Library). After entering the name click “OK”.
  12. Wait for your wrapper to be created.

13. Click “View wrapper in Finder” once the wrapper creation finishes.
  14. Try opening the new wrapper application that you created.
    NOTE: If it doesn’t open the first time try once more.
  15. If your Mac is running High Sierra do to following:
    1. Click on “Set Screen Options”.
    2. Uncheck the checkbox for “Auto Detect GPU Info for Direct3D” and then click “Done”.
  16. Download and unzip this icns file (icon file).
  17. Click on “Advanced”.
  18. In the “Configuration” tab click the “Browse” button under where it says “icon” and select the icon file we downloaded previously.
  19. Click “Install Software”.
  20. Click “Choose Setup Executable”.
  21. In the dialog box find the “WTLSetup.exe” file and then click “Choose”.
  22. Follow the instructions to install Watchtower Library.
    NOTE: Do not change the path of where you are installing Watchtower Library. The default location should be fine.
  23. Once the setup is finished, looking ath dropdown of the executable files, select the one which ends in “wtlibrary.exe” and then click “OK”.

24. Click “Test Run”.
  25. Test out Watchtower Library.
    NOTE: Trying to update Watchtower Library the first time may not work. You may need to close and reopen the application and then go to “Help” > “Check For Updates” to make this work.
  26. After closing the test run you will be asked if you want to see the logs. Click “Cancel”.
  27. Close the “Wineskin Advanced” window and reopen your Watchtower Library application wrapper.

I hope this post solves all the issues that existed with the previous 2 posts (from 3 July 2017 & 2 April 2016) about installing Watchtower Library on Mac. 😎

Categories: Blog

15 Comments

Vaughn Mure · April 1, 2018 at 4:00 PM

We just want to let you know that your efforts are really appreciated. Thank you for making this a breeze!

Carlos · April 6, 2018 at 5:12 PM

Just wanted to also thank you for teaching us how to fish. Now I think I can install any version of WTLibrary and possibly other basic windows applications.

Kgomotso · April 7, 2018 at 3:19 PM

Thank you very much for an excellent Guide! 🙂

I get an error after clicking “Test Run”- step 24. I have looked at the logs but nothing stands out. I suspect that this is the issue: “_XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.”

I am not too sure how to fix it. I run F-Secure XFENCE on my Mac and suspect that it’s blocking a creation of a essential file for WT Lib to run? I have had a look at XFENCE’s configuration and tried disabling a few settings but no luck.

Any ideas?

Chris West · April 27, 2018 at 12:59 PM

Sorry, it seems like it is due to some other software that may use Wine or other dependencies. I’m by no means a pro at using Wineskin so I’m sorry but I cant help you right now.

Anthony D. · April 12, 2018 at 3:49 AM

Un très grand merci Chris, tu as fais un super travail 🙂

Uruguayito · April 16, 2018 at 5:46 PM

Hi….thank you very much….this works perfect. ask…it is possible choose a different font or other size…. I can’t do it from the app….. Regards

Clyde Hart · April 30, 2018 at 7:19 PM

downloaded seamlessly on my High Sierra and also on my wife’s lap top. Thanks so much

Pablo Ovalle · June 13, 2018 at 3:15 PM

Hola Chris. Muy útil me ha sido la instalación de WTLibrary en mi MAC. Sin embargo, tengo el problema que cuando quiero copiar contenido del WTLibrary y pegarlo al Word, no puedo.
Muchas gracias por toda tu ayuda.
Saludos, Pablo.

Chris West · July 1, 2018 at 2:06 PM

Perdon que no te respondi antes pero te mande un mensaje a tu correo. Espero poder ayudarte.

Dana · July 21, 2018 at 1:46 AM

Sin embargo, tengo el problema que cuando quiero copiar contenido del WTLibrary y pegarlo al Word, no puedo.Pregunta, ¿Cómo puedo hacer para que me deje copiar contenido y pegarlo en Word?
Muchas gracias por toda tu ayuda.

Chris West · July 24, 2018 at 12:53 AM

Es una muy buena pregunta. Lo que ha funcionado para mi amigo es lo siguiente:

1. Abrir Word (o cualquier aplicacion que te deja crear documentos de texto)
    2. Introducir una palabra en el documento y cortar esta palabra del documento. NOTA: Este paso es clave.
    3. Ve a WTLibrary y pon tu cursor en el campo de buscar.
    4. Presionar CTRL y V a la vez para pegar la palabra que copiaste.
    5. Intenta copiar algo de WTLibrary ahora y el proceso debe funcionar.

Me parece que este proceso funciona porque por alguna razon la aplicacion de Wineskin no puede iniciar el proceso de copiar pero puede usarlo despues de que una aplicacion Mac lo inicie.

Deniss · July 26, 2018 at 7:57 AM

Thank you a lot for your work.

Perhaps you could add at the end that you need to move the wrapper in the folder called applications.

Maggie · March 20, 2018 at 2:36 PM

I just want to thank you for this site showing step by step in a way that can be read and understood how to install the Watchtower Library on a MAC. I have looked at so many sites and yours was just what I needed. Didn’t take anytime at all. Following your steps were so easy. Thank you again

Installing Watchtower Library on Mac with Wine – Chris West's Blog · March 15, 2018 at 1:56 AM

[…] Please refer to my newest post about Watchtower Library on Mac. […]

Install Watchtower Library On Mac (with Multiple Languages) – Chris West's Blog · March 15, 2018 at 1:57 AM

[…] Please refer to my newest post about Watchtower Library on Mac. […]